[OpenSIPS-Users] CDRTool + RTPProxy - Media Based Accounting

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 23:42:13 CEST 2013

On 6/18/13, Eduardo Lejarreta <lejarreta.e at sarenet.es> wrote:
> Good evening Nick.
>
> I've looking for a bit over RTP proxy modules and I'm not going to be able
> to establish a quick parallel solution (maybe it's not so easy as I
> imagined)
>
> Over Mediaproxy: all RTP streams can be saved on DB on "media_sessions"
> table. This one will contain al RTP flows. You have to cross this table
> with
> "acc" table to avoid "early media accounting" and other issues like several
> RTP flows for same callid (think about re-INVITES, fax negotiations
> G711-T38-G711, ...)
>
> This join with "acc" table will also help you to achieve the information
> that RTP aware software is not able to achieve, P-Asserted-ID, Source and
> IP
> destination (different from Media Source and IP), etc...
>
> Best regards.
> --
> Eduardo Lejarreta.

Hello Eduardo,

Thank you so much for your response!!!! I have not had a chance to
further look into
the mediaproxy or rtpproxy modules regarding this issue however, will
do so in the
next few days.

Would it be possible to provide a snippet of the opensips scripts that
include the
mediaproxy implementation that you explained above:

* Saving RTP streams to media_sessions table
* Do you cross check "media_sessions" with "acc" for the various
instances (early media, re-invites, T38)using OpenSIPS script? Or is
this done in background directly on the database?

As you would imagine, we already have ACC module working, and looking
how to integrate  media accounting using RTPProxy if possible, or by
somehow patching mediaproxy to work behind NAT.

I really hope the folks from RTPProxy or AG could comment on this kindly.

Regards,

Nick.