[OpenSIPS-Users] LCR Route Prefixes -> Gateways (From Scratch)

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 23:24:18 CEST 2013

Hello Everyone,

We are currently building our route deck using multiple carriers, and
prefixes. Looking over the modules, I am not sure if we should be
using the:

1) Carrier Route Module: carrierroute, carrierfailureroute
2) Dynamic Routing Module: dr_rules, dr_gateways

The two modules have some common overlap, and I wanted to make sure I
was making the right choice. What we need is the ability to:

* Insert the entire (overlapping) prefixes (i.e., 49) for the multiple carriers
* Bind those prefixes to the specific carrier
* Use pre-processing LCR to choose the order of which gateway the call
is routed to first
* Failover to the next least expensive gateway when first selection fails

Since we are doing LCR, we would also like to add additional fields
(list_price, retail_price, effective_date, etc.. ) to the table which
contains the prefixes (ie, dr_rules vs. carrierroute).

One thing I noticed about DR vs Carrier Route is that with Dynamic
Routing we have `gw_list` in `dr_rules`. This is especially important
for LCR since the order of gateways will
reflect LCR for a given prefix. Could not see a `gw_list` for carrierroute.

I should mention that we are using 1.8, and have some additional
questions but for the sake of brevity....

Kind Regards,

Nick.