[OpenSIPS-Users] Topology hiding and unsuccessful dialog termination

microx acmicrox at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 16:13:59 CET 2013

Hi Bogdan-Andrei,

I'm not familiar with B2B and thus do not use any B2B-related modules (eg.,
B2B_LOGIC and B2B_ENTITIES).
In my scenario, the outbound proxy is only responsible for hiding the IP
address of the proxy server by
using topology_hiding(). All other functions such as user registration and
authentication, dialog handling and RTP proxy offering are handled by the
proxy server.

The BYE message is correctly sent from the callee to the caller
(callee->outbound proxy->proxy server->outbound proxy->caller). However,
because topology hiding is invoked at the outbound proxy, the BYE message
from the callee has no Route hdr. When receiving the BYE message forwarded
by the outbound
proxy, the proxy server cannot find the associated dialog due to that the
BYE message has no Route hdr.
So the proxy server fails to terminate the dialog associated with the
received BYE message.

I guess that topology hiding and dialog handling need to be done at the same
SIP element using OpenSIPS.
I hope that there exists some solution to make my scenario workable. Any
suggestion is welcome. Thanks so much.

Best regards,
Chen-Che