[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy wrong port, bug?

dotnetdub dotnetdub at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 14:04:34 CET 2013

On 21 January 2013 23:59, Remco . <remconl87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After some hair pulling, and going over a number of examples I
> established some sort of pattern in this issue:
>
> Session establishes, one party starts sending RTP. Lets say A
> (asterisk) sends to B (proxy) C (proxy) sends to D (asterisk). B and C
> are both on the same machine / same interface. The first couple of
> packets (10-20) are relayed just fine on the correct ports.
> Then, a return packet arrives, from D to C, which is correctly relayed
> to A using the right ports.
> Then a new packet comes in from A to B, again using the correct ports
> and is then relayed using 1024/udp (always this portnumber, although
> configured to use 40k to 60k!) as source port.
>
> The issue is, D starts replying to 1024/udp. Streams are not detected,
> and no conntrack rule is inserted.

Remco,

I had this exact issue and it was caused by the router/firewall at the
customer premises. Once we got rid of the router and put in a new
device (which we know worked) the issue went away. It was impossible
for us to debug it on the mediaproxy side and the PBX as the UA had no
logging. We could just see that port 1024 would just appear from
nowhere, no mention in SDP etc.