[OpenSIPS-Users] Memcache issues

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Mon Jan 21 22:31:32 CET 2013

Hey All,
Generally I have really good luck with memcache, but for some reason, I'm
having some issues today.

Once I crank this one box up with load, I start to see these errors flood
my logs:

cachedb_memcached:wrap_memcached_get: Failed to get: SYSTEM ERROR
cachedb_memcached:wrap_memcached_get: Failed to get: A TIMEOUT OCCURRED

I've tired changing the tread count for memcache. Additional processes..
Heck, I've even tried putting memcache on other servers and in other colos.
The original memcache is on the same box and is pointed at localhost
(127.0.1.2).

I'm hitting it reasonably hard, but it should keep up. About 10k ops a sec.
I see it run great for like 2 minutes, then it hangs for like 4 seconds,
then picks back up for another 30 seconds or so.. goes that like on and
off.

Any idea of what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Brett