[OpenSIPS-Users] Automatic Call termination when shutdown of an RTP proxy

Răzvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Fri Jan 11 09:46:23 CET 2013

Hi, Chen-Che!

You can find the answers for your questions inline.

Regards,

Razvan Crainea
OpenSIPS Core Developer
http://www.opensips-solutions.com

On 01/11/2013 04:33 AM, microx wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've encountered an issue as follows. Suppose two users communicate with
> each other with one RTP
> proxy replaying their packets. If the RTP proxy suddenly goes down, I want
> the OpenSIPS SIP server
> to automatically send
> 1) a message to enable the two users to know what happen and
What kind of message do you want to send? How should that message be
interpreted by the users?
> 2) a BYE message to the users to terminate the transaction.
>
> I guess this can be done if the shutdown of the RTP proxy triggers some
> functions in the SIP server.
> However, from my understanding, the SIP server knows the status only when
> using
> engaged_rtp_proxy/rtpproxy_offer(). So it is any mechanism to enable the
> triggering when an RTP
> proxy fails?
Indeed, the status of the RTPProxy is changed only when one of the
process tries to communicate with RTPProxy and fails. However, OpenSIPS
does not keep any track of the dialogs where RTPProxy was used,
therefore it can not close the calls by itself.
On the other hand, RTPProxy does keep track of all the media sessions.
A solution for your problem would be to instruct RTPProxy to send
timeout notifications to OpenSIPS, for all the ongoing sessions, just
before going down. This behavior is not implemented in RTPProxy and
requires extra development. Also, this is not a complete solution, as
the communication between RTPProxy and OpenSIPS might get lost for other
reasons (network issues), therefore OpenSIPS will not be able to close
those sessions any more.