[OpenSIPS-Users] The Link Between Dialplans and DR_RULES/DR_GROUPS

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 22:10:04 CET 2013

Hello Everyone,

I already have all the dialplan directives defined and working fine
using the dialplan table. Now when trying to limit the individual's
ability to call, for example, (local, international, and extensions),
I am not seeing the foreign key relationship between dialplan and
dr_rules and conversely dr_groups.

Is this functionality done in the background, or do I have to redefine
all the dialplan digitmaps again via the "prefix" field in dr_rules?
Also, is dr_groups more like dr_users since we are inserting
individual users in the table, or did I mess that up too :)?

On a slightly unrelated, is it common practice to completely replace
the "REGISTER", and "INVITE" based authentication for routing rights?
Or is there gaping security breach using that method?

Thanks in Advance,

Nick.