[OpenSIPS-Users] Need urgent HELP with "MESSAGE" request in OpenSIPS 1.6!

Lafem lafemanimation at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 5 20:35:01 CET 2013

Hello guys. I' Larry from W.Africa and I'm new to OpenSIPS. Was finally able
to get the proxy server (Opensips 1.6) up and running on a Centos 5 server
-- running on Mac OSX Vmware -- thanx to immense help I got from Mr. Flavio
Goncalve's  "Building Telephony Systems with OpenSIPS 1.6".

Basically, I'm trying to send instant messages via Opensips proxy (in
'pager-mode') from one user-agent client to another.

Been able to successfully 'Register' the clients, but I don't know how to
'program' the config file (opensips.cfg) to route my "MESSAGE" requests from
one endpoint to another via the Opensips proxy. I'd really really appreciate
help with this as I've been struggling with this problem for weeks on end
and it's proving really frustrating. Any assistance and help would be
greatly appreciated.

P.S: Does anyone know how I can possibly master the scripting handle of the
config file (opensips.cfg) -- I mean how I can comprehesively grasp using
the core functions and methods, e.t.c, as learning these through the
numerous books and online tutorials are proving a herculean task so far.
Thanx in anticipation.