[OpenSIPS-Users] Issue with From domain coming from Asterisk

Duane Larson duane.larson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 03:50:06 CET 2013

I wanted to see if I could get this answered on the OpenSIPS mailing list
even though this kind of has to do with how Asterisk works.  I am hoping
someone has run into this and figured a way to resolve the issue.

I have OpenSIPS set up to be a proxy for a cluster of Asterisk servers.
 When a call comes into OpenSIPS it relays it to an Asterisk server,
Asterisk handles the call based on what is in the dialplan and will always
send a new INVITE back to OpenSIPS and then OpenSIPS sends the INVITE to
the callee.

This works fine but the new INVITE that Asterisk generates changes the
domain in the FROM header to be the IP address of the Asterisk server.  I
want to make it so that Asterisk doesn't change the From domain or else my
only other option is for OpenSIPS to rewrite the From domain and change it
back to what it should be.  I found the following post from back in 2007
but I am not sure if anything has been changed within Asterisk

https://issues.asterisk.org/jira/browse/ASTERISK-10836

I can't really change the fromdomain in my sip.conf file on the Asterisk
servers because the Asterisk servers are a multitenant/multidomain.

Any thoughts on this?