[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS terminates when executing dlg_db_sync

microx acmicrox at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:15:36 CET 2013

Hi Vlad,

I'm sorry that I did not follow the bug report process in advance. I'll send
the gdb result later.
The reason why I encountered this issue is as follows.

In my environment, I have an outbound proxy and two proxy servers. The two
proxy servers are responsible
for registration service, dialog establishment, RTP proxy offering and so
on. All request and reply messages
are first received by the outbound proxy. Then, the outbound proxy will
dispatch a received request/reply
message to one of the proxy server that will process it. Using two proxy
servers is mainly to achieve higher
performance.

To achieve high availability, I require that the following scenario works.
Suppose that UA1 sends an INVITE message to UA2 and the INVITE message is
handled by the proxy server 1.
While UA1 and UA2 are still in session, the proxy server 1 is broken
suddenly. In this situation, the BYE message
from UA1 or UA2 should be properly handled by the proxy server 2. However,
from my experiment, the proxy server
2 won't process the BYE message for two reasons
1) an OpenSIPS proxy server only processes dialogs existing in the local
shared memory,
and 2) an OpenSIPS proxy server won't process dialogs whose caller_sock and
callee_sock are different from the
listening socket of the proxy server.

Therefore, to achieve my goal, the proxy server 2 will update the
caller_sock and callee_sock of dialogs in the database
to the listening socket of the proxy server 2. Next, the proxy server 2 runs
"opensipsctl fifo_dlg_db_sync" to load dialogs
into its shared memory. With the two steps, the HA is achieved. However, I
guess that it is not a good idea to run
"opensips fifo dlg_db_sync" frequently.

I wonder that it is possible that an OpenSIPS proxy server can terminate a
dialog even when the dialog exists only in
the database? If so, in the above scenario, the proxy server does not need
to run "opensipsctl fifo dlg_db_sync" and thus
it is very easy to achieve high availability as well as high performance
with two proxy servers.

I'm sincerely grateful to any comment on this issue.

Best regards,
Chen-Che