[OpenSIPS-Users] NAT

leo uzcudunl at yahoo.it
Mon Feb 25 23:51:17 CET 2013

Hello,

Unfortunately after reading the forum i've to open a new post about NAT
because i couldn't find a clear solution and information for my problem.
I've also read the NAT Traversal module documentation.

I've an OpenSIPS server (version 1.8.2) on a Debian system (6.0.7 -
2.6.32-5-686).
OpenSIPS was installed by the apt-get install using the apt.opensips.org
repository and configured with osipsconfig (residential script with ALIASES,
AUTH, DBACC, DBUSRLOC and DIALOG).

The UAs can register to the OpenSIPS server. They can place the call but i
've no audio no video.
The OpenSIPS server has a public IP address (so, no natted).
The UAs could be natted or with public ip thru 3G.

I wouldn't like to use rtproxy or mediaproxy cause the rtp traffic would be
passing by those servers (am i correct?) adding jitter and latency.
I would set up the system in the way the the rtp traffic would be P2P. Would
NAT Traversal be the solution? How it should be configured (i've already
enabled the required modules too)?

Thanks a lot.

Leo.