[OpenSIPS-Users] Automated Testing Scenario with OpenSIPS

Pink Cupcake pinkcupcake1979 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 23:17:34 CET 2013

Hi Bogdan-Andrei,

Your response really doesn't help me or deal with the questions I laid out
in my original post. Perhaps I was not being clear. Let me start over.

I need to implement an automated testing scenario on an OS X build machine.

The test requires two different SIP UAs -- which are both running locally
on the same machine -- to successfully engage in a SIP call. In order for
two UAs to talk to one another, they need to be registered with a SIP
server.

I am trying to determine if OpenSIPS can be used as the server component in
my testing scenario.

Since this is an integration test and doesn't require any state being
retained, the test steps look like this: (1) bring up an OpenSIPS server in
userspace, (2) have the two SIP UA clients register with that server, as
simply as possible, (3) have the two SIP UA clients engage in and then end
a SIP call, (4) stop the SIP UA clients, (5) shut down the server.

If anything is unclear from the above, please reply back.

Please can someone answer the following:

If I can run OpenSIPS in userspace, I would also not like to have it
"installed" on the build machine. I used the "prefix" parameter to `make
install` into a separate directory and I am attempting to run OpenSIPS from
that directory.
 It looks like I can run OpenSIPS in userspace. Is that correct?