[OpenSIPS-Users] DIDs and DR ROUTING

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Feb 5 11:25:03 CET 2013

Hi Nick,

On 02/04/2013 09:49 PM, Nick Khamis wrote:
> Hello Bogaden,
>
> Thank you so much for your response. I know you're a busy individual
> so I will try to take the least amount of your efforts.
>
> In regards to DID routing using DR. The issue is that, it's not the
> DID number that is being set as RURI, but actually the caller's
> number. For this reason .* could have been helpful for
> dr_groups.username however, I understand that such functionality has
> been pushed up to the script. With that in mind, all that is known for
> sure is the IP address of the DID provider. Since a lot of the third
> part tutorials have become dated, and I am not yet familiar with avps,
> an example on how to handle this using $avp would be greatly
> appreciated.
The idea is simple - instead of letting DR to determine the routing
group via the dr_groups table (based on FROM), you can force the group
from script as parameter of do_routing() .
How to determine the group, from script, depends on what the group is
related to :
     - source ip - use permission module with address table
(context_info to carry the dr group)
     - caller DID - use DR with other group to map caller DID to a group
-> the group is used as input for a new do_routing to determine the
destination.
     - generic - use dialplan with attr field.

> As for "<sip:1001 at server.exaple.com@server.example.com:5060>   (51)", I
> get this when asterisk passes the INVITE back to OpenSIPS. I was able
> to fix this by modifying sip_buddies.defaultuser from
> '1001 at server.example.com" to 1001. What I have now is an evil loop
> that passes the INVITE back and forth between OpenSIPS and Asterisk. I
> understand that this is a separate issue.
Why do you need to do the looping between ?