[OpenSIPS-Users] Cancelling calls after sending '180 Ringing' via MI t_reply doesn't work

mayamatakeshi mayamatakeshi at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 11:04:53 CET 2013

Hi Răzvan.

On Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 6:23 PM, Răzvan Crainea <razvan at opensips.org> wrote:

> Hi, Takeshi!
>
> Is the UAS sending a 100 Trying?

Yes. I just confirmed now: '100 Trying' is sent by the UAS.

> If it's not and you are also dropping all the replies (the 180 messages),
> then OpenSIPS considers that no reply was received from the UAS, therefore
> it cannot be reached. A CANCEL would not make sense, because there is no
> indication that the UAS received the INVITE request.

Yes, I eventually realized this would be the case and my approach was wrong.

However, this doesn't explain the result  of my other test:
if instead of dropping it I convert 180 to 181, then the transaction is
cancellable.
But if after relaying this modified message I send '180 Ringing', the
transaction cannot be cancelled anymore.
So it looks like using MI t_reply messes with transactions.

Regards,
Takeshi