[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips script route confusion

Bogdan Chifor chiforbogdan86 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 12:14:35 CEST 2013

Hello,

I would like to know better the opensips script routes, but i cannot find
any resources that answer my questions completely.

Here are my questions:

1.)When a request arrives the commands from the route main block are always
executed?

2.) What is the purpose of the t_on_branch? Why can't I simply call for
instance route(1) (which is like a function)? Aren't they similar?

3.) I understood that a transaction contains a SIP request and all the
replies to that request and a transaction is uniquely idenbtified by the
branch ID tag? Am i right?

4.) When a reply arrives the commands from the onreply_route main block are
always executed, and only after these commands are executed the
onreply_route[1] is called (if it was set previously with t_on_branch)?

5.) A SIP transaction can contain multiple requests? Can you give me an
example?

6.) Where can I find a more detailed documentation on the opensips script
(with examples which are explained)?

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thank you,

Chifor Bogdan