[OpenSIPS-Users] LCR Route Prefixes -> Gateways (From Scratch)

Nick Khamis symack at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 20:34:17 CEST 2013

Hello Muhammad,

After thinking about it some more, it seems that pre-processing in the
manner that I described earlier lacks a lot of flexibility, your
scenario included, even if I did it just temporarily. That is why I
would like to implement the LCR using a simple perl program
that basically:

* Queries the database for the route using shortest matching prefix
* Orders them from least expensive to more

Once I have the gateway list, openSIPS would route the call, and fail over
to the next available gateway.

If this was c++ or Java it would be quite simple. However, perl, and
OpenSIPS scripting is another story... I saw the following unrelated
tutorial which I will start with:

http://www.opensips.org/Documentation/Tutorials-Perl-183-to-180

If anyone has more helpful tips/examples, they would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Nick.