[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips 1.7.2 - callforward + accounting

Fabrizio Bottino fabrizio.bottino at b-it.pro
Thu Aug 1 15:10:33 CEST 2013

Hi List

I have a problem with callworwarding and accounting.

First, here's my model:
MY USERS --> OPENSIPS (registrar, accounting, router, nat, ...) --> ASTERISK (transcoder, T38) --> SIP TRUNK for pstn (EXTERNAL PROVIDER)
I use asterisk because my provider doesn't accept any codec so I transcode everything to G711a.

This is my complete working config:
http://voip.fabryb.com/opensips_proxy.m4
http://voip.fabryb.com/asterisk_sip.conf
http://voip.fabryb.com/asterisk_extensions.conf

opensips configuration is based on Live VM (1.7.0) which I upgraded to 1.7.2 and compiled module b2b_logic because it was not present.

Please ignore block #---- handle country -----# of opensips
I know it could be done better, but I was in hurry :(

I have a problem with opensips<->asterisk:
when I do the forward asterisk sees a new request incoming with the same callid of the first leg and sends a cancel to opensips and goes on with the call by itself.

To avoid that behaviour I tried to setup "topology hiding" both with dialog module and b2bua module:
http://voip.fabryb.com/opensips_proxy.m4.b2b
http://voip.fabryb.com/opensips_proxy.m4.tophid
without complete success.

With dialog module topology hiding asterisk will still behave like there wasn't.
With b2bua module topology hiding asterisk will obviously behave correctly because it sees completely new transaction but I have accounting problems:
invites are accounted with empty to_tag and byes are not accounted at all.
I tried to account them manually in local_route and b2b routes but I get  a non-empty to/from tag and I can't get rid of it before manual acc_db_request.

I am probably doing something wrong between asterisk and opensips because I don't think all this topology hiding is really needed.
Just the part of opensips_proxy.m4.tophid where I implemented the multileg accounting and some extra to tell asterisk not to cut short opensips.

Does somebody have an idea?

Thanks everyone for helping!
Fabrizio