[OpenSIPS-Users] How do I remove an unwanted header w OpenSIPS?

Stacy Trippe strippe at corp.tecinfo.net
Fri Apr 26 19:30:11 CEST 2013

We are running into a problem with the VPN overhead, our packets getting too big.  Because of this, we are told to reduce the packet size to 1400 bytes.  I'm trying to remove all non-necessary headers from the SIP invite, generated by our Broadsoft platform.

OpenSIPS 1.5.3-notls

I need to remove the following header from session:

X-BroadWorks-DNC:network-address="sip:+15015525956 at 10.135.224.130;user=phone"

In addition, I saw where OpenSER used to allow the following core commands:
pmtu_discovery = yes
udp_mtu = 1400
udp_mtu_try_proto = TCP

I don't see any documentation where this is allowed in OpenSIPS 1.5.x.

How best to handle this?

Stacy Trippe
Network Operations
TecInfo, Inc
662.686.9009
662.686.5656 Fax
ops at corp.tecinfo.net<mailto:ops at corp.tecinfo.net>

[tecinfo-small]

http://www.tecinfo.net/

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential, proprietary, and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities without the written permission of TecInfo is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from all computers.