[OpenSIPS-Users] Help to analyze a memory dump after crash

Mariana Arduini marianarduini at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 13:58:44 CEST 2013

Hello all!

We are running a suite of automated tests using Opensips 1.8.1.

Once in a while, we get this crash, apparently related to a call where we
have to update Session Timers. To try to get more info, we did this:

- started opensips with Valgrind: valgrind --leak-check=full
--show-reachable=yes --tool=memcheck --track-origins=yes
/usr/local/sbin/opensips -P /var/run/opensips.pid -f
/usr/local/etc/opensips/opensips.cfg -m 64 2> valgrind.output
- in the Makefile.conf, we enabled DEFS+= -DDBG_F_MALLOC and disabled
DEFS+= -DF_MALLOC
- in opensips.cfg file, we added lines: memlog=6 and memdump=1

At some point in the tests, process 60939 exited with signal 11. A core was
not generated, but we could get some info from Valgrind, and also the dump
in syslog file.

I´ve attached a file containning the syslog and valgrind report to this
same message 3 days ago, but it was bigger than the max 40KB and I guess
the monitoring blocked it. Please let me know one email address I can sent
it to.

Hopefully you can help us to detect what may be corrupting the memory.

Thanks!
Mariana.