[OpenSIPS-Users] Detect failed SIP server

microx acmicrox at gmail.com
Wed Apr 3 13:19:31 CEST 2013

Hi Bogdan-Andrei,

Although setting fr_timer enables the outbound proxy to detect the status of
internal SIP servers, a "side-effect" occurs for me. Specifically, with
modparam("tm", "fr_timer", 10), the outbound proxy can know the SIP server
being dead within about 10 seconds when some internal SIP server went down.
But, this causes the outbound proxy to issue a "408 request timeout" message
when a callee does not reply a 200 ok to a caller within 10 seconds.

I wonder whether there is any mechanism to make the outbound proxy use
different timers for detecting status of internal SIP servers and processing
normal SIP messages. Many thanks in advance.

Best wishes,
Chen-Che