[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips : Diaglog Topology hidding and ACK Loop

Pierre-Yves Marche pierrey.marche at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 15:59:22 CET 2012

Hello,

I'm facing an issue of ACK Looping using opensips.

the configuration is the following :
- Opensips v1.8.1 (same problem with 1.7.2).
  - using dialog "topology hidding" feature.
  - using 2 @IPs (one to reach customers, one to reach SIP Platform)
(mhomed=yes)

Customer1/2 <--->Opensips (topology hidding)   <----> SIP Platform

The call flow is the following: Customer1 call Customer2, both are
connected on the same Opensips
(when Customer1 and Customer2 are located on different opensips, no
problems)
Customer1 <-->opensips <--->SIP Platform <-->opensips  <-->Customer2

INVITE/180/200 sequence is working well.

But the ACK of the 200 OK is looping between Customer2 -->Opensips -->SIP
Plateform -->*Opensips -->SIP Platform--->Opensips*... instead of doing
directly
Customer2--->Opensips --->SIP Plateform -->Opensips -->Customer1

Attached, a network capture taken on opensips server.

I had a look at "dlg_list", 2 dialogs are created for this call. Might be a
problem with did matching ? I tested with
modparam("dialog", "dlg_match_mode", 0) and
modparam("dialog", "dlg_match_mode", 2)

Could someone help me fixing the issue ? Do you have some hints of the root
cause of issue ?

Regards,
Pierre-Yves