[OpenSIPS-Users] [RELEASES] Planing OpenSIPS 1.9.0 major release

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Fri Oct 26 17:20:57 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I would like to start a discussion about the next OpenSIPS major release
- and in this discussion anyone is welcomed with options, ideas, critics
and other. Your feedback is important to drive the project into a
direction that reflects the user's needs!.

So, I will here the starting points, for both release planing and
release content.

What was done:
What is planned:
Planned items have priorities (for being addressed); it is a must to
have all items done for the next release, as we need to fit into a time
frame. Whatever is not done, will be left for the next release (1.10)

Release candidate:
     second half of January 2012, depending on the progress with the
items to be done.
Testing phase:
     1 month allocated (it may be extended if critical problems show up)
Stable release:
     second half of February (after the testing phase is done).

Once again, your feedback on these matters is important to us.

Best regards,

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu
OpenSIPS Founder and Developer