[OpenSIPS-Users] tm module CANCEL reason on timeout

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Thu Oct 25 15:33:52 CEST 2012

Hi John,

 From SIP reply codes perspective there is no difference between timeout
with replies or timeout without replies - you all the time get the 408
(at least this is what I know :) ).

The difference is only in the reason code.

Now about the implementation - if using AVPs, you will have to provide
let's say the full Reason hdr (name, value, EOH) so you could put
actually more headers in the AVP (it will be handled like a string to
appended to headers). If there is no such AVP, we will use the internal
default one.