[OpenSIPS-Users] 1.8 drouting module - clarification

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Thu Nov 29 18:41:48 CET 2012

Hi Pete,

So way of sorting the destinations is now per rule or carrier (and not
global). See
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.8.x/drouting.html#id250176 :

<quote>
The rule must contain a chain of gateways and carriers. The module will
execute serial forking for each address in chain (in which order the
destinations will be tried, depends on the definition order or depends
on the weights (weights selection must be enabled). The next address in
chain is used only if the previously has failed.
</quote>

So either the you keep the given order (as per provisioning), either do
weight based re-ordering. By default the given order is kept, unless you
set the Weight flag in do_routing (
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.8.x/drouting.html#id250176)
or the weight flag in carrier definition.

So, much shorter, you simply do do_routing("0"); in order to keep the
same behavior :).