[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips don't send Cancel.

Jorge Henrique Pinho jorge-h-pinho at ext.ptinovacao.pt
Wed Nov 21 12:51:59 CET 2012

Good morning.
I have installed opensips-1.7.2-2.el5 and I am using b2b module and encountering a strange behavior.
B2b module changes the original User Agent header and I need this information to be preserved; so in the route script I used an avp to store the original User Agent value, call b2b_init_request and on local_route script I use remove_hf and append_hf functions to replace the User Agent header with the original one.

The behavior is : If I want to cancel the call, opensips receives a Cancel message, replies with a 200 canceling but never forwards the Cancel message.
The behavior is not deterministic, sometimes opensips forwards the Cancel, and sometimes it does not.

When I don't use the remove_hf and append_hf functions, opensips behaves as expected, and always forwards the Cancel.

Kind regards

Jorge Pinho

Jorge Pinho
Analyst/Developer
Network Platforms and Multimedia Solutions
Multimedia Division