[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenSIPS-Devel] [RELEASES] Planing OpenSIPS 1.9.0 major release

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Mon Nov 5 17:07:19 CET 2012

On 3 Nov 2012, at 7:39, Binan AL Halabi wrote:

> Hi ALL,
>
> According to 14.1 and 14.2 of RFC 3261 after receiving 491 the UAC will retry again after 2.1-4.0 seconds if it owns the CALL-ID or 0.0.-2.0 if not.

While the RFC may provide a means to handle this, it's non-practical. When I put a call on hold, I don't want to send my voice over for another 4 seconds.

I think we're losing sight here of the fact that a keep-alive mechanism should not make the user experience worse. This should be tailored to preserve the client's experience while adding the new feature, not to make it right for OpenSIPs and screw the clients.

> So
> If UAS have an ongoing in-dialog ping and receive another one let it send 491 and drop the request (the end point will retry it later).

Well good luck with clients acting properly when they receive the 491...

--
Dan