[OpenSIPS-Users] Managing Opensipsctl for different instances on same server

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh.voip at gmail.com
Mon May 28 13:09:39 CEST 2012

Hello All,
I am using three intances of Opensips on a single server using same
binaries and libraries. Meaning, I have configured and intalled opensips
once and I have three init files each which starts opensips looking at
different configuration files viz. lcr.cfg, b2b.cfg, proxy.cfg. Although
this runs good, I have a problem in managing them. The "opensipsctl"
utility only monitors any one instance of opensips. How is it possible to
manage all instances of opensips using this method.
I give different fifo paths in each configuration file but I dont
understand how to manage them differently. For example, I need to know how
many transactions are running on my LCR instance and at the same time I
need to know how many users are registered on my proxy instance. I wanted
to understand if this approach is even recommended or does it have any
drawbacks that I might be missing.

Thanks for any suggestions in this regards,

--- Jayesh