[OpenSIPS-Users] Detect and Correct wrong BYEs from proxy.

Aft nix aftnix at gmail.com
Wed May 23 07:47:06 CEST 2012

Hi all,

When record routing is enabled, that means, the proxy will act statefull mode,
There has to be a mechanism for storing dialogue states.
Like the location of the peers (Contact header filed of initial INVITE
and 200 OK).

And i suspect these states are stored in variables which has a lifespan same as
the dialogue itself. I guess important variables (Contact header,
local and remote tag etc)
are exported to configuration file also.

I'm aware of the dialogue module  but i'm kind of convinced there has
to be a simpler way
for achieving my goal.

Our Sip gateway provider sending a wrong BYE when PSTN side phone hangs up.
Instead of using Contact Header of the initial INVITE, its sending
BYEs with its IP as ruri.
So the BYE message is looping between proxy and gateway instead of
relayed to UAC.

What i'm trying to achieve is following  :

route[RELAY]
{
  if(is_method('BYE'))
  {
     <rewrite ruri with contact field of the initial invite>
      t_relay()
  }
}

--