[OpenSIPS-Users] MWI on phones

Schneur Rosenberg rosenberg11219 at gmail.com
Mon May 14 21:02:38 CEST 2012

My phones are registered to opensips, the Voicemail is handled by
asterisk, Asterisk has a list of all sip devices, but it has no idea
if phones are connected or not, I would like to get the MWI from
asterisk sent over to the opensips, so opensips can send it to the
phone.

Is there anyway to have Opensips notify Asterisk when a phone
connects, so asterisk is aware what phones are connected? would this
help for the MWI issue?

I'm not sure if I'm right but it seems that some phones send a
subscribe for MWI, with these phones I was able to forward the
subscribe to asterisk and it works, but some sip devices just wait for
Asterisk to send them, this makes it more complicated.