[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS Hanging since 5/3/12

Seth Schultz sschultz at scholarchip.com
Mon May 7 17:31:56 CEST 2012

Hello,

Since 05/03/2012 our OpenSIP setup randomly hangs/freezes (not crash).  We
use the load_balancer module to distribute incoming and outgoing calls.
 When it freezes up, all nodes are marked down and their load values stuck
at the call load when it froze.  Manually marking a node as up doesn't
resolve the issue.  The only way I have been able to get it working again
is to restart OpenSIP completely.

Reviewing the error log files doesn't indicate that anything crashed and
everything else about the Ubuntu machine functions fine (SSH, Apache, etc).

One clue I found was in the Ubuntu unattended-updates log.  It appears we
were allowing security patches to be applied and on 05/03/2012 it
automatically updated the package libtasn1-3.  Doing a google search for
opensip libtasn1-3 leads me to believe there is some connection between the
two.  I could be way off base, but any and all help would be greatly
appreciated.

Linux: Ubuntu-Server 11.04 (Natty Narwhal)
version: opensips 1.7.0-notls (x86_64/linux)

My questions:

   1. What is the best way to determine exactly what is actually going on?
   2. If it is the libtasn1-3 update, what is the best path forward?
   3. Would updating to 1.7.2 help?

Thanks in advance!
Seth