[OpenSIPS-Users] RFC 5626 TCP keep-alives

John Quick john.quick at smartvox.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 18:18:21 CET 2012

OpenSIPS is receiving RFC 5626 "keep-alive" requests on port 5060 from a
particular UA client device that has registered using a TCP connection. The
requests contain just Hex 0d 0a 0d 0a which OpenSIPS responds to by echoing
back an identical request. I want to be able to disable the response in
OpenSIPS. Upgrading to v1.8 will give me some new parameters to try such as
tcp_keepalive, but these look like they will only control the keep-alives
initiated by OpenSIPS. I want to control the response to keep-alives from
the UA. Can this be done?

If the only way is to edit the source code, please could one of the
developers direct me to the appropriate file and section of code?

Many thanks.

John Quick
Smartvox Limited