[OpenSIPS-Users] Forward UAC Registration with Authentication (like Upper Registration or Passthrough Registration)

Robert robert at inteli-core.com
Wed Mar 21 18:01:39 CET 2012

Sorry to spam all 3 boards at the same timeŠ I know there are smart people
on these lists and hoping that one might be willing to send an example
config to assist a n00b to SER.

I need to configure a proxy (like SBC) to listen on port X ­ where X is not
5060.
I want the UAC's registration to be forwarded (NOT REDIRECT) to the real SIP
server on port 5060

The far end is not an Asterisk server ­ so any examples of Asterisk do not
work. It is not IP auth ­ the authentication relies in the far end.
Open to any solution of open source software K/OpenSIPS/OpenSBC etc.

IP phone  ----> open source -----> SIP server
(UAC) ( PORT != 5060) ( PORT = 5060)

I have tried all sorts of methods like rewritehostport / t_relay etc etc.
Would uac_auth work? And if so ­ anyone have any good examples of dynamic ­
as I do not want to store any credentials in the open source proxy.