[OpenSIPS-Users] Does create_dialog behave differently on 1.6 than on 1.7?

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Tue Mar 20 09:12:05 CET 2012

Hi,

On Mar 19, 2012, at 10:34 PM, duane.larson at gmail.com wrote:

> I don't think I am having any other issues. I used the "Bye on timeout" option very shortly before version 1.7 came out. I don't think I am doing anything when it comes to NOTIFY. This is a test user that is behind a Vontage router and for whatever reason the Blink client isn't finding out its Public IP. When he calls someone you can see from the NGREP that OpenSIPS keeps sending OPTIONS to the private IP and then after a while OpenSIPS sends BYES to both clients, but since the BYE for the caller is sent to a 192.168 private address he thinks he is still on the call even after the callee got the BYE and hung up. What version of OpenSIPS are you currently running?
>
> This is what I have configured when it comes to Register and Invites with NAT

Blink will not attempt to put your public IP address in the Contact header. It's unreliable, so your server should take care of fixing the NAT.

> FOR REGISTERS
> if(!search("^Contact:[ ]*\*") && client_nat_test("7")) {
> setbflag(6);
> fix_nated_contact(); #### - This is needed so that the contact address
> #### - in the location table never has a private
> #### - IP address in it

^^^ This comment here (and the associated code) is wrong. You must not fix the contact for a REGISTER. Instead, just call fix_nated_register, which will populate the received field.

> fix_nated_register();
>
> force_rport();
>
> $avp(rcv) = "sip:" + $tU + "@" + $si + ":" + $sp;
> };
>
> FOR INVITES
> if (client_nat_test("7")) {
>
> setbflag(7);
> force_rport();
> fix_nated_contact(); #### - This is needed so that the contact address
> #### - in the location table never has a private
> #### - IP address in it
>
> #fix_contact();
> };

Your problem doesn't seem to be related to bugs in the dialog module, but to miss-configuration.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects