[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy scalability

John Quick john.quick at smartvox.co.uk
Fri Mar 2 16:23:24 CET 2012

The question was a general enquiry so I know the answer in case someone asks
me!

In my experience, a medium sized ITSP might need capacity between 100 and
1000 simultaneous calls. However, the possibility must exist for
applications that could go much higher. Consider how many users can be
online using facebook or some popular IM systems. These must involve 100's
of thousands or millions. If a SIP phone app was linked into something like
this then you might want to support several thousand simultaneous calls
requiring, say, 50 to 100 mediaproxies. Do you think that would work without
modification of Twisted or of other system resources?

John Quick