[OpenSIPS-Users] Using two Opensips Proxy in Redundant mode

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh.voip at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 18:33:44 CEST 2012

Hi,
I am trying to setup two opensips proxies with identical configuration so
that the endpoints can REGISTER on either of the proxy. Wat is the best way
to handle REGISTER in such scenarios. I read a lot of posts but all
explaining about a proxy P1 which relays to multiple Registrars with Path
headers in it. I just need to have two proxies and both having USRLOC with
DB Mode 1 preferably. Since there are NATed clients in the picture, the
calls can to the endpoints only from the proxy where they registered to as
keep-alives are being called from that IP. Also the database that these
proxies are looking at is in circular-replication. I had a few approaches:
1) If REGISTER arrives on P1, P1 should ideally authorize and save into
location and  replicate this information to P2 using t_replicate. On P2, I
do not authorize REGISTER coming from P1 and just do save("location"). But
on P2, the socket shows P2_Public_IP only. Theoretically the socket
information should not change right !!
2) While doing lookup("location") is it possible to fetch the socket
information and send the INVITE to P1 appropriately, so that P1 can relay
that call ahead to the NATed endpoint?

I have seen a few examples of handling NATed clients in the NAT_Traversal
module, but all are cases where there is one Proxy responsible of accepting
calls and relaying call to endpoints while there can be multiple proxies
handling the requests for load balancing.

My requirement was that the endpoints can either Register on P1 or P2, when
the call arrives in for any endpoint on P1; P1 checks if the endpoint had
sent REGISTER to P1 (Basically identifying the socket); if yes relay the
call; Or else if the endpoint is registered with P2 then relay the call to
P2 and let P2 relay it to the endpoint. Same is applicable if the call
arrives on P2 for any endpoint.

Any help regarding this setup is appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.

--- Jayesh