[OpenSIPS-Users] Having trouble with fix_nated_register()

Dinusha Kannangara dinusha.kannangara at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 11:13:57 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I'm new to opensips and currently, I'm testing out the nathelper and
rtpproxy modules.

For REGISTER messages I have added the fix_nated_register() and it doesn't
write the 'received' uri on location table.

force_rport();

        if (nat_uac_test("19"))
        {
                if(is_method("REGISTER"))
                {
                        fix_nated_register();
                        avp_print();
                }
                else
                {
                        fix_nated_contact();
                }
                setflag(5);
        }

I do not have any NAT's installed and when I register my softphone which is
NOT behind a NAT although it has an private IP address of 192.168.0.... ,
the nat_uac_test() method say's that I'm behind a NAT. Can that happen ?

Secondly, on fix_nated_register() method, I can see my softphones IP is
saved on the avp variable, and Wireshark captures of the sip message
headers shows the same ip address (my softphones ip / caller ip) saved on
the received tag on via headers. But on location table.. NULL is assigned
for the received column and on contact I can see my softphones private ip
(192.168.0...).

Is this because I don't have a NAT with a public ip in front of the caller
? will the received column on location table have a value when I actually
install a NAT ?

Regards,
Dinusha