[OpenSIPS-Users] Schedule for next OpenSIPS releases

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Mon Jan 30 14:04:58 CET 2012

Hi all,

Here is the draft regarding the timeline for the next opensips releases:

1) OpenSIPS 1.7.2 minor release - mid February (around 15th of Feb)

2) OpenSIPS 1.8 major release - beta release around end of February
(still having some ongoing work)

To check what is new in OpenSIPS 1.8, please see
http://www.opensips.org/Main/Ver180. The still ongoing work is related
to "distributed cache for DNS query" and "validation and sanity checks
for SIP messages".

The main focus for 1.8 release is on caching and distribution (cache DB
interface, distributed ratelimiting, distributed dialog profiles,
caching for DNS, etc) - as part of this, we were planning a distributed
USRLOC (user location), distributed pike and and dialog information. But
it seams that one release interval is too long for all these to be
implemented, so we decided to split this work across 2 releases.

OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"