[OpenSIPS-Users] segfault in codec_delete_except_re 1.7.1 stable

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at opensips.org
Tue Jan 17 19:41:40 CET 2012

Hi Brett,

Even if I mentioned on IRC that I was able to reproduce the your crash,
it is not 100% - I reproduced a crash, very similar to yours, but a bit
different.

I did several fixes and right now I cannot generate any crash with the
INVITE you sent me - see rev 8670 + 8672.

So, update from SVN and see if you still get the crash.

On 01/16/2012 05:28 PM, Brett Nemeroff wrote:
> Hey all,
> I'm getting a segfault in 1.7.1 stable while performing a
> "codec_delete_except_re". I'm not sure what offending data the SIP
> message had, but it crashed opensips. I have a core file. Here's what
> gdb has to say about it:

> #0  stream_process (msg=0x896d58, str1=0x0, str2=0x0, re=0x875eb0,
> op=1, desc=3) at codecs.c:424
> 424            while(  cur < lmp->u.value + lmp->len &&  *cur != ' ' )
>
> Let me know if you need a bt full to help out here; thanks!
> -Brett

OpenSIPS solutions and "know-how"