[OpenSIPS-Users] Packet Loss and its Solution

Faisal Rehman faisal.rehman22 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 27 15:12:19 CET 2012

Attached is the link for image:

http://i42.tinypic.com/154genn.jpg

Regards,

Faisal Rehman

________________________________
 From: Faisal Rehman <faisal.rehman22 at yahoo.com>
To: Open SIPS users mailling list <users at lists.opensips.org>
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2012 7:02 PM
Subject: [OpenSIPS-Users] Packet Loss and its Solution

Hi Everyone,

I am facing huge packet loss in my server, so I am here to share with you some of the output of packets losses that you can see in attached image. Secondly I have few questions that I want to discuss with:

1. How can we reduce the packet loss to a minimum in an asterisk server, I mean I just want to know more detailed info about packet loss reduction.
2. I am calculating packet loss following that link http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/9398 where there is written that 20% loss is acceptable, but if you see the attached image what will be your conclusions about packet loss here?
3. At last but not least I just want to know the responsibilities of the software & the network, I mean how much software or network is responsible for packet loss?
4. What are the best possible ways to reduce the packet loss to a minimum extent?

Regards,

Faisal Rehman