[OpenSIPS-Users] substitute variable names within variables

Razvan Crainea razvan at opensips.org
Thu Dec 27 22:53:07 CET 2012

Hi, Jayesh!

Unfortunately you can't do this in OpenSIPS. The 'var' pseudo-variable
only accepts a constant name, like 'media'. There are some variables,
like AVP, that can also receive a variable name ( ex: $avp($avp(name))
), but note they can only receive a pseudo-variable, not a format ( like
$avp(media$avp(name)) ). I think this is only supported in the latest
changes to the 'stat' pseudo-variable.
Implementing a generic solution is not that feasible, as it requires
changes in both pvar interface and each variable implementation.

Regards,
Ra(zvan