[OpenSIPS-Users] modules/db_mysql help

Duane Larson duane.larson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 21:25:07 CET 2012

OpenSIPS doesn't need to connect to MySQL depending on what you want to do
with OpenSIPS and the modules you want to use.  For example...

Look at the auth_db module
http://www.opensips.org/html/docs/modules/1.8.x/auth_db.html

If you are going to have users and passwords then you would need this
module.  And you would need to configure the db_url parameter to point to
your database.

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 1:18 PM, Amit Mukherjee <pinchamit at gmail.com> wrote:

> Will you please elaborate how opensip connects with mysql.. And for what
> purpose it uses it.
> That connectivity,I need to deal with.
> On Dec 20, 2012 10:31 PM, "Ovidiu Sas" <osas at voipembedded.com> wrote:
>
>> If you want to use mysql with opensips, then you don't need to do
>> anything.
>> If you want to use mysql without opensips, then you don't need the
>> opensips mysql module.
>> If you want to implement a connector to mysql, then you need to look
>> on the mysql website.
>>
>> -ovidiu
>>
>> On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Amit Mukherjee <pinchamit at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> > Well can any one assist me on the topic that, how opensip is using mysql
>> > module..
>> > It is provided in "modules/db_mysql" directory..
>> > I need to understand mysql implantation by opensip..
>> > Any function link in a main folder or clue would be so helpful..
>> > Thanks in advance

Duane