[OpenSIPS-Users] Media Proxy RTP multicast

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé saul at ag-projects.com
Mon Apr 23 10:04:30 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Apr 23, 2012, at 5:47 AM, Tuan Anh Nguyen wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
>  I'm developing an softphone that supports audio conference between multiple client. Is MediaProxy at  http://mediaproxy.ag-projects.com/  support sending multicast RTP ?. I have been trying looking at its features but found nothing.

Interesting. MediaProxy is not really designed to work in a local network, but rather on the public Internet, but IIRC there are ways to tunnel multicast.

When you start MediaProxy for a call, it will start 2 listeners (it's really 4, but lets simplify) and as soon as it receives one RTP packet form each endpoint it will start relaying. I don't think MediaProxy will work out of the box because it doesn't join/leave multicast groups, so I think it would need to be adapted for that.

Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects