[OpenSIPS-Users] sharing presence between opensips and asterisk

Carlos Oliva carlos.oliva at numintec.com
Tue Apr 17 16:04:10 CEST 2012

Hello to the list!

I'm implementing a OpenSips registrar/sbc configuration and I have a
problem with presence.

In my configuration I have a OpenSips 1.6.4 as a SBC. The phones must
register only in OpenSips. After the SBC, there is a pool of Asterisk. I
use dynamic routing module to forward the calls to pool, using my own rules
(classify by client, a prefix in the username).

My main problem is that Asterisk must know the state of the phones and the
number of calls in each phone. the pool of Asterisk must know the state of
each device and the number of concurrent calls because queue strategies.

I had read a lot about presence, xmpp, module pua_xmpp, asterisk pubsub and
others but is a bit difficult to understand for me.

The phones are mainly Cisco SPA phones, and I must support BLF in those
phones too.

my questions are:

Somebody knows if using XMPP I can share presence info between OpenSips and
Asterisk? Is this the right way?
What XMPP server I need to use? I read about ejabberd, openfire, tigase,
... what XMPP server is compatible with asterisk and OpenSips?
Do i need a external presence server for this or its enough with OpenSips
integrated?
When The phone is registered in OpenSips, does OpenSips inform of this to
XMPP server? I don't understand well the relationship between presence and
XMPP...
Maybe I don't need XMPP and only with a presence server is enough?

another off-topic question. When my users are registered in OpenSips I can
not use the asterisk call-pickup (*8) somebody knows how to solve that?

thank you very much for your help and please excuse my bad English and
beginner questions,

Carlos Oliva

--

 <http://3.invox.es/firmas/www.invox.es>
  *Carlos Oliva*
carlos.oliva at invox.es
*Departamento Sistemas*
C/Pujades 77-79, 8ª Planta 9B
08005 Barcelona
Tel: 902 02 02 97
Fax: 902 02 02 98
www.invox.es

*Antes de imprimir este mensaje, asegúrese de que es necesario*
  *Nota Legal:* Este mensaje electrónico contiene información de INVOX
TELECOM ESPAÑA S.L., Compañía de Servicios de Telecomunicaciones, que es
privada y confidencial, siendo para uso exclusivo de la persona(s) o
entidades arriba mencionadas. Si usted no es el destinatario señalado, le
informamos que cualquier divulgación, copia, distribución o uso de los
contenidos está prohibida. Si usted ha recibido este mensaje por error, por
favor borre su contenido lo antes posible.
Gracias.