[OpenSIPS-Users] Load Balancing Using OpenSIPS

Andrew Pogrebennyk apogrebennyk at sipwise.com
Tue Sep 13 10:12:31 CEST 2011

On 09/13/2011 10:05 AM, Faisal Rehman wrote:

> Thanks for your prompt response, yeah I have seen that table specified
> only for the load balancing work in opensips database, but I got a task
> to do load balancing without any database involvement, so is that
> something I can do?

In that case you would have to hardcode the IP addresses in the config
file which is not very nice. Alternatively, you could use a simple
file-based dbtext database like:

id(int,auto) setid(int) destination(str) priority(int) flags(int)
description(str)
1:1:sip\:10.0.0.1\:5060:1:0:box1
2:2:sip\:10.0.0.2\:5060:1:0:box2

OpenSIPS works with that just like with a normal SQL DB.
Regards,
Andrew