[OpenSIPS-Users] Media Proxy: Suggested CentOS/RHEL version?

Jim O'Brien jobrien at counterpath.com
Fri Sep 2 17:05:52 CEST 2011

Hi All,
  I was wondering what version of CentOS / RHEL people are using when installing media proxy.  I started with RHEL5.5, but quickly can see that most packages that come with this release are too old according to the documentation in the INSTALL file for Media Proxy.  I started upgrading some things, but then it really becomes not worthwhile when your manually upgrading so many things / dealing with dependancies.  I was thinking of 6.0 as it seems to meet most of the requirements (doing a quick scan).

Thanks,

Jim O

Jim O'Brien
Director of Customer Engineering