[OpenSIPS-Users] Pre append area code to dialed phone number

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Thu Sep 1 19:25:45 CEST 2011

Hey Jeff,
That's pretty amusing. Someone obvious is doing something wrong somewhere.
I'd say it's likely whoever is doing the SIP to SS7 conversion.

That being said, I'll be extra careful when sending calls to steakhouses. :)

In all seriousness (and really for the benefit of the list archives):

The "standard" answer is don't mess with the FROM/TO headers. If you have
to, it's probably because you are sending calls to a piece of broken
equipment and that endpoint should be fixed; not opensips.

In reality, I've also ran into more circumstances than I'd like to admit
where I'm interconnecting to a switch (I'm looking at you MERA) where it was
necessary to rewrite the TO header.

Don't use subst funcs for From/To, use the uac_replace_xxx functions.

-Brett