[OpenSIPS-Users] Forward() question

Luis Morales luisalfredo_ml31 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 13 16:18:16 CEST 2011

David,
Thanks for your reply. Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I will read about the vars you told me. Thanks for your help.

Luis.

From: dave.dorasinger at gmail.com
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2011 20:49:06 -0700
To: users at lists.opensips.org
Subject: Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] Forward() question

Luis,

forward() does not accept a variable for an argument.
instead use like:
   $du = "sip:" + src_ip + ":5070";
I think it needs URI format without the user portion.
see: http://www.opensips.org/Resources/DocsCoreVar17#toc34

There are a bunch of older functions that do not accept variables as arguments. Some of them like this have read/write variables that can be used instead.
It would probably be good to farmiliarize yourself with all the vars on that page especially the read/write ones.

Dave

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 7:17 PM, Luis Morales <luisalfredo_ml31 at hotmail.com> wrote:

Greetings,
I'd like to use a variable with the function forward() to pass it the destination, but I can't find a way to do it. I've look in the documentation, but i don't know if I'm doing something wrong, or it just can't be done.

I'd like to something like this:
$var(dest) = src_ip + ":5070";forward( $var(dest));

Thanks,

Luis Morales.

Users at lists.opensips.org