[OpenSIPS-Users] B2B and DB intertwining

Jock McKechnie jock.mckechnie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 17:12:23 CEST 2011

Greetings;

I'm trying to set up a, hopefully, very simple B2BUA top hiding
OpenSIPS 1.7.0 system... and I have no need for the DB, I believe,
since top hiding is built in... but it seems impossible to NOT use it.

The following suggests that in 1.7 this was corrected:
http://lists.opensips.org/pipermail/users/2011-September/019064.html

However if there's some kind of magic incantation I can't work out
what it is. I've set the b2b_logic|b2b_entities db_mode to 0, "NO DB
STORAGE - set this parameter to 0", but on startup OpenSIPS gets very
upset about no bound DB

CRITICAL:b2b_logic:child_init: child_init: database not bound

I thought possibly that having the DB module loaded, but without a
db_url to tie it to a MySQL instance, would help, but it provides the
same error. Is it possible to NOT use a DB with B2B?

Thank you, as always;

 - Jock