[OpenSIPS-Users] how to set tls certificate correctly

Alessandro Illiano alessandro.illiano at neexa.it
Tue Oct 4 18:40:55 CEST 2011

Hi all,

i'm going to upgrade from 1.6 to 1.7 version and to use tls support.

I've read the doc tutorial about tls, but I'm not sure about how to
correctly share certificate between my opensips and other carriers.

rootCA is correctly setted up.

So I've created user certificate.

In tls/ directory I've a user directory with :

1)      user-calist.pem -> i will put every carriers IN pem certificate (cat
and append into) right?

2)      user-cert.pem -> user generated certicate

3)      user-cert_req.pem -> ? don't understand

4)      user_privkey.pem -> the key

it's correct for incoming tls calls?

For outbound calls what certificate can I exchange with receiving carrier?
user-cert_req.pem? or a extracted info from user-cert.pem?

Thank you in advance,

Alessandro