[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenSIPS as the Firewall

duane.larson at gmail.com duane.larson at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 23:08:12 CET 2011

Are your diagrams the path that SIP takes or RTP? Asterisk can be internal
and private from the outside world when it comes to SIP. It can also be
internal only when it comes to RTP but you would need to use a relay server
like Mediaproxy or RTPProxy. Mediaproxy can sit on the internet with a
public IP and Asterisk can be behind a firewall.